Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Greek Salad Dressing

This dressing is WAY easy! I love Greek salad. And if I am making Greek salad, then I know I will have Feta cheese on hand. All the other ingredients are staple items I always have. I got this recipe from my friend Tricia L. years ago. However, the instructions on this recipe call for mixing it in a blender. I have never done that. I put it in a salad dressing shaker (or jar with a tight fitting lid) and just shake it up. No need to dirty your blender and all its parts!!!

Greek Salad Dressing – Tricia L.
4 tbsp. lemon juice
4 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. garlic powder
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese

Combine all ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake well. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until serving.

Of course I serve this dressing with a Greek salad. I like iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives (or regular black olives), feta cheese, and a sprinkle of pepper!

This dressing also makes a great chicken marinade!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure we are ruining the dressing by omitting the blender.

    ReplyDelete