Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkin Chip Cookies


My mom and I had a recipe for Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that we used for years, but I was not happy with the way they had been coming out for the past few years. So last year, I found a new recipe. Same ingredients, but in different amounts and I was much happier with how they turned out!

Pumpkin Chip Cookies - Taste of Home's Halloween Party Favorites

1½ cups butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.


These are one of our favorite cookies to have in the fall! I like to frost them using a container of vanilla frosting, and if I can find sugar pumpkin decorations to put on top, then I get those, too. The frosting just adds a little extra sweetness to the cookies. But they are also good without frosting! As always, I recommend using parchment paper on your baking sheets…it helps keep the cookies from sticking and leaving a chocolaty mess!

If you do frost them, do not stack them until the frosting has had time to firm up!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment