Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Double Chocolate Trifle

If you love chocolate, then you will LOVE this recipe. I have made this for get-togethers many times, and people always go back for seconds, and someone always asks for the recipe. So, I know it’s a keeper. And it is very easy!


Double Chocolate Trifle – adapted from Pampered Chef

1 pkg. (18.25 oz) brownie mix
1 ¾ cups cold milk
2 pkgs. (3.4 oz each) white chocolate instant pudding mix
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
3 toffee bars (1.5 oz each) coarsely chopped (Heath candy bars)

Prepare and bake brownies according to cake-like package directions in 9 x13 pan. Cool completely. In mixing bowl, whisk pudding mix into milk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping. Cut brownies into 1 inch cubes. Chop toffee bars into small pieces. Layer 1/3 of brownie cubes into large bowl. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture, pressing lightly, and 1/3 of chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. Chill 30 minutes before serving.


I am a big fan of brownies from scratch, so I usually make the recipe for Baker's One Bowl Brownies that comes in the box of the Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate, instead of using the box mix, but I used to make it with the mix, and it is still very yummy!

To chop the toffee bars, I have a Pampered Chef food chopper that I use, but I think (don’t quote me on this) that they now make toffee bits that you can buy. I believe you can find them where you find chocolate chips. I would have to think those would work…actually, I may try that next time!

Check out the Pampered Chef food chopper:
http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=240&words=chopper

I usually bake the brownies the day before I need the recipe, and then assemble it a few hours before I serve it. It needs to stay cold, so make sure you have enough room in your fridge for whichever dish you choose to serve it in!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment