Friday, February 19, 2010

Chicken Crunch

Once again, I am late getting this posted because of being exhausted from staying up too late and watching the Olympics! But, at least I am not using the Olympics as an excuse for not feeding my family!

I got this recipe from my friend Tricia L. in Ohio. It is very easy, and I had it all ready in advance except for the cheese and chip topping. I doubled this recipe so that we would have leftovers for the weekend. I did bake it for about 45 minutes since it was cold when I put it in the oven, and doubled. So adjust the time depending on what you do.


Chicken Crunch

2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
½ cup mayonnaise
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup celery
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 teaspoon dry onion
½ cup shredded cheddar
1 cup crushed potato chips

1. Combine all ingredients except cheese and potato chips. Place in a small baking dish. Top with cheddar and chips.
2. Bake @ 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

Note: To make ahead of time, leave chips and cheese off until ready to bake. Cover and refrigerate. Bake at the same temp but add 10 –15 minutes to bake time.


Frankie and Frank loved it and told me it was one of their favorite things. Faith did not love it, ok, she hated it. But she told me she doesn’t like “cheesy” things and didn’t like the celery in it because “it didn’t seem like it should be in there”. She likes chicken. She likes cheese. She likes celery. I could have put all of that separately on her plate and she would have eaten it. I am starting to figure out that she just doesn’t like her food all mixed up. She is just one of those people (who I don’t get!), but I just have to accept it and be ok with it! So, now I am struggling about how to cook for my family!

New challenge for me I guess!!

1 comment:

  1. I made this about a week or so ago. It was really yummy. The quintessential Lutheran casserole, I think! It seemed a little richer than I needed, so in the future I might try reducing the mayonnaise a tiny bit, or adding more chicken to bulk it up. But all in all it was gobbled up by my family. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete