Friday, February 19, 2010

Gingerbread Muffins

I know...a lot of posts today. But it's all good stuff! I promise!

I just saw this muffin recipe on my friend Megan O.'s Facebook page yesterday. I needed a quick, easy recipe this morning to take to a friend's house, and I had all the ingredients for these muffins. They are very quick and easy to throw together, and quite yummy. I have noticed that Gingerbread from a box tends to have a lot more of a "ginger" flavor than these do, but because of that, I like these better. They are much milder, if that makes sense.

Gingerbread Muffins

1/2 cup water
1/4 cup butter (half a stick)
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour, aerated before measuring
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dashes of: nutmeg, cloves and ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place water and butter in small microwave dish. Heat in microwave until water boils and butter melts.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the egg well, in a medium bowl. Add sugar and molasses and mix well. Add water and butter mixture and stir well.
4. Mix the dry ingredients together BEFORE adding them to the wet ingredients.
5. Add the dry to the wet, and whisk together, just until combined. Don't over mix as that produces holes in the muffins when baking.
5. Measure about 1/4 cup of mixture into lined muffin cups (my friend got 11 muffins, I spread it to 12 but shouldn't have). Bake for 20 minutes. If doing mini muffins, bake for 10 minutes.
6. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan!

I think this would make 10 or 11 regular size muffins. I got 12 rather small ones. But they were a big hit! Instead of using a dash of nutmeg, cloves and ginger, I used a few dashes of Cinnamon Plus from Pampered Chef. It's a mixture of a bunch a different spices.

That is the only thing I did differently! Hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment